Just as the tread on your tires wears away over time, the cartilage that cushions your joints can break down, too. And without enough padding, your bones will hurt when they rub against each other. Joint pain can be felt in multiple parts of the body. Common causes of joint pain are age, weight, previous injuries, overuse and arthritis all be factors of joint pain. So can activities, such as yard work, marathon prep, or even sitting too long.
Fortunately, there are things we can do to prevent or ease joint pain. Here are 5 things you can incorporate into your lifestyle that can help.
1. Keep Moving. Low impact exercise like walking, cycling or swimming and daily, gentle stretches that move your joints through their full range of motion can help both prevent and ease joint pain.
2. Manage Your Weight. Being overweight can put too much pressure on your joints and contribute to joint pain.
3. Heat And Cold. Use of heat, such as applying heating pads to aching joints, or taking hot baths or showers, can help relieve pain temporarily. Use heating pads for no more than 20 minutes at a time.
Use of cold, such as applying ice packs to sore muscles, can relieve pain and inflammation after strenuous exercise.
4. Massage. Massage might improve pain and stiffness temporarily. Make sure your massage therapist knows where your join pain affects you.
5. Visit Us! We offer several therapies that can keep your joints pain free. These therapies include:
- Hydration IV Drip
- Performance IV Drip
- Recovery IV Drip
- Torodal (can be added to any treatment for pain relief)
- GAC Shots (to reduce joint and muscle inflammation)
Just give us a call or walk in and we will help you choose a therapy that if perfect for your needs!