Summer and fall favorites collide in this moist and delicious sweet bread that’s loaded with nutritious pumpkin, zucchini and whole wheat flour. Make a few loaves at once and freeze so you have plenty to last, they go fast!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Pumpkin Bread
- 2 cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar sugar in the raw or honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1–1/2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed and patted dry of excess liquid
- thinly sliced zucchini for garnishing, if desired
- walnuts pieces – add to liking and top bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour an 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir with a spoon until well combined. Stir in the pumpkin then fold in the shredded zucchini until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle the top of the batter generously with walnuts. Bake for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the bread starts to brown too much on top, tint with foil until cooked all the way through. Let cool in pan 30 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Delicious served warm with butter for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
[…] Whole Wheat Zucchini Pumpkin Bread is delicious way to incorporate several of these ingredients into one dish. Great for a healthy […]
1 Comment on Whole Wheat Zucchini Pumpkin Bread