If there’s one thing that can disrupt an already busy parents life, it’s a sick kid! There are plenty of things you can do to help prevent illness, like washing your hands regularly and keeping away from sick friends and family, but the best way is making sure you put tons of immune boosting foods in your kids body.
Adding a plethora of nutrient dense foods to a blender and making a smoothie that’s easy to down from a great way to help keep kids healthy heading back to school. This immune boosting smoothie is also a game changer when your kids aren’t feeling their best and you need to get them back to healthy quick. And it works great for adults too!
- 1 banana
- 1/2 inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1 date
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I like to use Greek Yogurt)
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons bee pollen
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons almonds, soaked
- 6 ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
2. Pour into a tall glass and serve!