Treat your loved one to a special breakfast this year with Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Pancakes. Delicious and healthy, full of all the healthy benefits dark chocolate provides!
- 3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s special dark or Ghirardelli premium cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened almond or coconut milk (30 calorie variety)
- 2 tbsp agave
- Very light dusting of powdered sugar
- Fresh fruit
- Combine pastry flour, Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder, 1 tbsp baking powder and mix well before adding wet ingredients.
- Add almond milk and agave then stir until just combined – lumps are okay since over-mixing makes them tough.
- Heat skillet or griddle on medium heat until a little water applied makes the water droplets travel across the pan.
- Spray with a canola spray oil and then immediately pour about 1/3 cup of mixture per cake onto the pan.
This will make six pancakes, serving two people a heart healthy breakfast full of flavonoids and dietary fiber without the cholesterol from cow milk and eggs found in traditional pancakes.