A healthy and delicious way to get a boost of Vitamin D in your diet this week from Eat This, Not That. If you choose to cook this recipe with wild-caught salmon, keep in mind that a 3.5 oz. serving of it contains 988 IU of vitamin D—124% of your daily value (DV) for the day! Given that this recipe calls for 6 oz. fillets, you’ll get more than enough vitamin D from this simple meal.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz each)
- Roasted Parmesan Asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Combine the butter and brown sugar in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until the butter and sugar have melted together.
- Stir in the mustard, honey, and soy sauce.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and add to the pan flesh-side down.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until fully browned and flip.
- Brush with half of the glaze and place the pan in the oven until the salmon is firm and flaky (but before the white fat begins to form on the surface), about 5 minutes.
- Remove, brush the salmon with more of the honey mustard, and serve with the asparagus.
How to Pan-Sear
This restaurant technique yields incomparably moist flesh with a lovely crust—perfect for fish, beef, and chicken, and it will make you feel as professional as the chef at your local restaurant chain. Here’s how to nail it.
Step 1: Cook flesh-side down over high heat.
Step 2: Flip once fully browned, about 4 minutes.
Step 3: Finish cooking in a 400°F oven for 5 to 7 minutes
370 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated), 530 mg sodium
[…] Honey-Mustard Salmon with Roasted Asparagus, is a delicious way to boost your Vitamin D levels. If you choose to cook this recipe with wild-caught salmon, keep in mind that a 3.5 oz. serving of it contains 988 IU of vitamin D—124% of your daily value (DV) for the day! Given that this recipe calls for 6 oz. fillets, you’ll get more than enough vitamin D from this simple meal. […]
1 Comment on Honey-Mustard Salmon with Roasted Asparagus